Thursday, October 16, 2008

Marcia's Wedding

Last month my college roommate, Marcia, got married back in Michigan.  I went back for the wedding.  I had to -- I was one of the bridesmaids.  

Truth be told, there was no way I'd miss this event for the world.  Marcia and I were assigned to live together freshman year at Univ. of Mich.  In a handicapped room in an all female dorm.  MANY people I know have horror stories of their freshman year roommates, but we became great friends, sorority sisters, and roommates again our junior year of school.

So anyway, the wedding.  She married Joe Hune, who is a representative in the Michigan House of Representatives.  She is a lobbyist for the Michigan Credit Unions League.  They met when she was Chief of Staff for one of Joe's good friends; the friend asked the two of them out to a movie and then never showed up ;)

On with the pictures...  here's Marcia & Joe having their first dance.


Marcia and Tara, one of Marcia's childhood friends and a bridesmaid.


Erin, another bridesmaid, and Joe.  This is the only picture I have of Joe where you can see his face.  Erin is one of their friends from Lansing (where they work). 


Most of the bridesmaids: Dierdre, Erin, me, Tara.  The only one missing here is Kate, who was the Matron of Honor.


As you can tell by the previous photo, I'm sporting some sort of blonde bouffant-helmet.  This is what happens when: 

1) the bride doesn't care how you wear your hair, 
2) you don't care how you wear your hair, and 
3) the hairdresser thinks that "your hair is the PERFECT length for a blonde bob, kinda like Katherine Heigl, and it would look really great with your dress..."


And last, a full length shot, because the bridesmaid's dresses were actually GORGEOUS.










3 comments:

i'm courtney said...

you look hot. even with the blonde helmet. well done.

Crazymamaof6 said...

hey foxy! you look AWESOME! what a BABE!

you look SO GREAT!

what an awesome friend to go be in her wedding!

Dre said...

You do look super hot, despite the largest hair I have ever seen on your head! I wouldn't have thought your hair could do that! Impressive!!!
"Roommate nightmares" is putting it politely! If it hadn't been for you and Marcia I would have moved out for shear hatred of my lunatic roommate Leila! Yeah, remember her? :)